Although these technical papers are quite old, they still might be of interest.
Some have been published.
One thing to keep in mind while reading some of them is that computers,
operating systems, and communication are all much faster and more reliable
today than in the early 1990s.
Please see the
tdbm home page for more information.
- Using Transactions in the EAN X.500 Directory Service
- A Transactional API for the EAN X.500 Directory Service
- The UBC OSI Distributed Application Programming Environment
- The Replicated Object Store Service
- The EAN X.500 Directory Service
- tdbm Manual page
- TDBM: A DBM Library With Atomic Transactions,
Proc. of the USENIX Summer Technical Conference,
June 1992, pp. 63-80.
- Support for Transactions and Replication in the EAN Directory Service
- Weakly Consistent Transactions in ROSS